flickr.com

Wednesday, April 6

Infidel!

My linkblog is back up on the right over there - still not sure why it disappeared though... Speaking of links, this LA Times article is interesting - I can't believe that 19% of wine sold in the US is blush?!?

Highly random story - an unfamiliar screenname popped up on my AOL Instant Messenger a long time ago (at least 18 months) and made some random comment, but was offline before I could reply to see who the heck it was. Fast forward to present day, and that same screenname pops up...

RANDOM Hi honey, how has your day gone?
bradleypjohnson who is this?
RANDOM Amy
RANDOM This is Brad right?
bradleypjohnson yes
RANDOM Well, hi. Why did you ask who i was you dork
bradleypjohnson because i'm confused
bradleypjohnson amy who
RANDOM Confused?
RANDOM WHAT?
RANDOM You know who I am, don't you?
bradleypjohnson i don't think so
RANDOM Is this really Brad or are you screwing around
bradleypjohnson this is really brad, but i can't think of someone i know [with that name]
RANDOM Then why are you on my buddy list
bradleypjohnson i'm not sure
bradleypjohnson how do i know you?
RANDOM Have you ever talked to this screename?
bradleypjohnson i think i tried to once before
RANDOM Why?
bradleypjohnson but i don't remember adding it to my buddy list
bradleypjohnson i can't remember
bradleypjohnson it's been on my list for a long time
RANDOM How did you get it?
bradleypjohnson i don't know
RANDOM Sir, I have to go, do not contact this screename again because I need to speak to you and my mother can't know I have talked to you. I will contct you in a halfhour from [another screenname]. OKAY???
bradleypjohnson okay
bradleypjohnson i guess
RANDOM This is [RANDOM's] son and it is very crucial I speak to you and vital my mother does not find out
bradleypjohnson that's fine
RANDOM You will understand later, I PROMISE!!!
bradleypjohnson great thanks
RANDOM Thankyou, goodbye
RANDOM signed off

Weird enough yet? 30 minutes later...

CONCERNEDSON My mother is married to my father and in the last year, we found ou that my mother was having an affair. Once it was "over", she had told my dad the name of the man. She said his name was Bradley Peter Johnson. What is your middle name?
bradleypjohnson peter
CONCERNEDSON What are the odds that you were on my mom's buddy list and she just happened to use "your" name as her lover? That is why I said, "Hi honey. How has your day gone"?
bradleypjohnson i'd say pretty remote odds
CONCERNEDSON I was hoping to collect some personal info from "you" to carry on to my dad
bradleypjohnson you've got to be kidding me
CONCERNEDSON Are you sure that you do not remember ever talking to [RANDOM] or putting her on your buddy list?
bradleypjohnson i'd say about 99% sure that i did not add [RANDOM] to my buddy list
bradleypjohnson i've been wondering who that is for a long time
CONCERNEDSON Because if not, this is a really weird situation. If she didn't get the name from seeing yor email, than she guessed and just happened to then get you on her buddy list!!!!!!
bradleypjohnson here's my guess - your mom met this "bradley peter johnson" on AIM, and maybe had to reinstall or re-add him to her buddy list
bradleypjohnson and she guessed that his screenname was bradleypjohnson
CONCERNEDSON The odds of something like this happening are like one in a million, honestly
bradleypjohnson probably made some random comment to me a long time ago, and that's why i've been wondering who the heck johnstun9 is
bradleypjohnson i don't think that is totally unbelieveble
CONCERNEDSON But we found out "his" name before you were on her buddy list. I had checked her email for my dad just a couple days after the discovery
bradleypjohnson when was "the discovery"
CONCERNEDSON About Feb. of 2004
CONCERNEDSON no no no
CONCERNEDSON before then because we had CHRISTmas seperately because of it. My parents were sperated then
CONCERNEDSON Id guess Oct. 2003
bradleypjohnson i'd believe that, like i said it has been awhile that i have been wondering this

I have no reason to belive this isn't a true story, but at least now I know who the heck that person is on my buddy list!

posted by Brad at 4/06/2005 06:04:00 PM | permalink | 1 comments

1 Comments:

  • That is some funny stuff. Thanks for the blog and breaking up my most boring night of writing papers.
    Jason
    p.s. I overheard an Indian man say the other day "my pants were open and my mouth was bleeding." What does that mean? Oddly enough I seem to have heard that before...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/06/2005 8:40 PM 

Post a Comment


 del.icio.us/linkblog
Google Reader
 Archives
» April 2004
» May 2004
» June 2004
» July 2004
» August 2004
» September 2004
» October 2004
» November 2004
» December 2004
» January 2005
» February 2005
» March 2005
» April 2005
» May 2005
» June 2005
» July 2005
» August 2005
» September 2005
» October 2005
» November 2005
» December 2005
» January 2006
» February 2006
» March 2006
» April 2006
» May 2006
» June 2006
» July 2006
» August 2006
» September 2006
» October 2006
» November 2006
» December 2006
» January 2007
» February 2007
» March 2007
» April 2007
» May 2007
» June 2007
» July 2007
» August 2007
» September 2007
» October 2007
» November 2007
» December 2007
» January 2008
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» August 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» November 2008
» December 2008
» January 2009
» February 2009
» March 2009
» April 2009
» May 2009
» June 2009
» July 2009
» August 2009
» September 2009
» October 2009
 newsgator.com
Last 10 Books I've Read